This site uses Flash. You may not have the latest version of the Flash Player installed. Download the free Flash Player.

Financial Assistance

Realize your Potential

Title IV Federal School Code: 002064

Contact Us

College of Southern Maryland
Financial Assistance (FAD)
8730 Mitchell Rd
PO Box 910
La Plata, MD 20646-0910

Student Employment

At the College of Southern Maryland, student employees consist of "Federal Work-Study students"" and "student assistants" . 

Federal Work-Study funds are a type of financial assistance for which the student must apply in order to determine eligibility based on financial need.  In order to apply for Federal Work-Study employment, follow the application procedures as found at the "Applying for Financial Assistance" page of this website.  These funds are not credited to the student's account.  Students receive an award amount and that amount is the maximum they are able to earn.  Funds used to pay "student assistant" employees are not a type of financial assistance. 

Example:  Sue receives a $700 award for the fall semester.  For Sue to receive  money she must work.  If she works only 9 hours for the semester, she will receive 9hours x $7 per hour = $72.   

All hiring of students will be conducted through Career Services' Job Connection at the college.  Easy to access and simple to navigate, Job Connection has a history of facilitating successful matches between employers and students.

Contact Career Services with any questions, 301-934-7569.