Transfer Options

The Electrical Engineering associate of science in engineering degree is designed to transfer as a degree or block of courses, rather than on a course-by-course basis, into four- year engineering programs in Maryland and prepares those ASE graduates for junior-level course work. The ASE does not guarantee admission into a four-year engineering program, however. Four-year institutions that have parallel programs for electrical engineering or computer engineering, or both, and that have expressed support for the ASE, are: Capitol College; Frostburg State University; Johns Hopkins University; Loyola University – Maryland; Morgan State University; University of Maryland, Baltimore County; University of Maryland, College Park; and the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.

For more information on transferring to a university or college, contact the College of Southern Maryland’s Transfer Services office or click here for more information: www.csmd.edu/TransferServices
Instructor with students
Faculty Spotlight: Bob Gates
CSM Physics Professor and Yale graduate Dick Beers becomes animated when talking about physics. READ MORE
Points of Distinction
  1. Individualized academic advisement at the College of Southern Maryland

  2. New workforce demands in the STEM fields

  3. Transfer with junior status to complete BS degree in engineering at a four-year college
CSM online community

CSM logo CSM home