All students are required to attend a Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) session or log in to myCSMD and view the SOAR session online.
When you attend a SOAR session on one of our campuses, you'll be able to:
- Interact with peers and fellow students
- Meet face-to-face with an academic advisor
- Register for your classes
- Learn how to use CSM's online registration system
Reservations are required. In order to attend a SOAR session, you must have already completed the following steps:
- Fill out an admissions application and receive an electronic acceptance letter
- Provide your social security number to CSM
- Take the Accuplacer placement test through CSM or provide acceptable SAT/ACT scores to the college.