Seventh Annual Nonprofit Institute Conference:
Jump-Start Your Leadership!
Save the Date
Friday, April 28, 2017
La Plata Campus, Center for Business and Industry (BI Building)
Jumpstarting or refreshing leadership is important to any organization, especially nonprofits that generally are short staffed and have limited training funds. Board membership changes and employee turnover are struggles for nonprofits due to the impacts of time away from day-to-day work due to position marketing, resume reading, job search analytics, interviews, and new member training. These time-consuming activities of searching, hiring and training new board members and/or staff, impacts the overall mission of the nonprofit and affects its productivity.
Jumpstarting leadership is an answer. Whether it is learning best practices from others, employee recognition and reward programs or tweaking mentoring skills, leadership occasionally needs an “enhancement” for the success and welfare of the nonprofit organization.
Our NPI 2017 conference, Jumpstart Your Leadership, provides insight and information to address this concern. Join us on Friday, April 28 as we offer break-out sessions with experienced leaders in all levels of organizational leadership or management and a panel discussion with recognized community nonprofit leaders to find out what works and why.
Who Can Benefit
Nonprofit board members, chief executives, staff, sponsors, volunteers, community and business leaders, young professionals, and consultants committed to strengthening nonprofit organizations and the communities they serve.
A preview of the conference:
- 8-8:30 a.m.: Check-in, continental breakfast, and networking
- 8:30-8:45 a.m.: Welcome by Dr. Gottfried
- 9-9:50 a.m.: 1st break-out session
- 10-10:50 a.m.: 2nd break-out session
- 11-11:50 a.m.: 3rd break-out session
- 12-12:30 p.m.: Serving lunch
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Panel discussion, featuring theme "Leadership in the Nonprofit Community"
- 1:30 p.m.: Concluding remarks and thanks!
Meet the Panelists
Highlights from Past Conferences
- Keynote Address - "Volunteerism In Strategic Planning" featuring Christopher Helmrath, Managing Director, SC&H Capital
- Ted Talks Panel Discussion
Fifth Annual Nonprofit Institute Conference - 2015
- Keynote Address - "The 'S' on your Chest" featuring Dana Jones, CEO, United Planning Organization