The Adjunct Faculty Certification Program is designed with content and activities aimed at enhancing the professional development and performance of CSM adjunct faculty
Click here for instructions on how to register for Professional Development courses and how to access your Professional Development Transcript.
Level 1 Certification
Applicants will complete four regulatory workshops through the Human Resource Department (HRD). The regulatory issues include the following. Please note that HRD may change the workshop name listed; please contact HRD with any questions.
- Sexual Harassment Awareness/Prevention
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title IX "Responsible Employees" Sexual Assault Prevention | Required Online Training Module (CS 102)
To apply, complete the application below:
To complete, submit a copy of your Professional Development Training Transcript below. Click here for a sample of the Professional Development Transcript.
Once you have attained this level of certification, you will receive a CSM lanyard and CSM ID card holder.
Level 2 Certification
Applicants will complete eight hours of CSM workshops focusing on professional development. These can be face-to-face or online workshops. Workshops in the following categories count toward this level: Basic Skills (BSK), Special Topics (SPT), Teaching Methods (TEA) and Technology Tools (TTS). Note: The following do not count toward attaining this level: Enrichment (ENR), Leadership (LEA), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Human Resources Department (HRD) or Technology Training (IMT).
To apply, click below to download and print the recommendation form. Once the form is signed, upload it into the application.
To complete, submit a copy of your Professional Development Training Transcript below. Click here for a sample of the Professional Development Transcript.Complete Now
Once you have attained this level of certification, you will receive a CSM nametag and an increase of 5% in base pay.
Level 3 Certification
Faculty will prepare and present at an approved conference that is discipline specific (e.g. nursing) or related to teaching (e.g. AFFACT). Selected applicants will be paid a stipend of $1,000.00 upon completion
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Select a topic in your discipline or a topic that focuses on collegiate teaching.
- Step 2: Select a conference to make your presentation.
- Step 3: Click below to download and print the recommendation form. Once the form is signed, upload it into the application.
Note: DAA Division Chairs will review and select up to 10 applicants per fiscal year for Level 3 certification. To be considered, you must apply by September 1st or February 1st. You will be notified of the Chairs' decision as soon as possible.
To complete, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Present at your chosen conference
- Step 2: Provide official documentation of your presentation at the workshop (e.g. presenter certificate, conference brochure, etc.).
- Step 3: Prepare a power point presentation using the CSM template below. This presentation will become a future online workshop for Faculty Development.
- Step 4: Provide questions to be used for grading the power point presentation using the template provided.
Please contact the Distance Learning and Faculty Development, DLF@csmd.edu or 301-934-7572 with any questions.