Students Together Organizing Prevention Strategies
Marylandís college and university tobacco control coalitions have united to create healthier, tobacco-free campuses across the state by building relationships with other campuses, offering prevention and education initiatives, establishing and supporting policies, and sustaining diverse involvement.
The S.T.O.P.S. initiative allows for:
- The development of a peer education model program to be utilized for tobacco education as well as other lifestyle choices amongst the CSM community.
- Student led activities that meet the goal of promoting positive behavior changes, promotion of smoke free behavior as a norm, and social activism on campus and in the community.
- Engaging the campus in discussions about personal rights and the development of stronger tobacco policies on campus with the ultimate goal being the promotion of a tobacco free environment at the college.
- Increasing the awareness and availability of cessation programs and services.
- Assisting in the development of professional behaviors in students that coupled with their academic work, will enhance their professional opportunities and employability.
For more information contact:
SAF Department Tobacco Grant Coordinator
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene