US Vietnam War Commemoration
The College of Southern Maryland has been accepted as a partner in the national program to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War. As part of this effort, CSM will be offering a variety of events in the upcoming year. Check back here often for schedules of events.
The commemorative program will include activities and ceremonies to achieve the following objectives:
- 1. To thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war (POW), or listed as missing in action (MIA), for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans.
- 2. To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the Armed Forces.
- 3. To pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War.
- 4. To highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Vietnam War.
- 5. To recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.