Incoming Transfer Students


Transferring Out:

Transferring In:

Administration (AD) Building, Room 101

Building C, Room 105

John E. Harms Academic Center (Building A), Room 101

Steps to Receive Transfer Credits

Students studying at a lunch table

Step 1

Determine which types of credit transfers you would like CSM to consider applying to your record.

Step 2

Submit your transcripts or test scores to an academic advisor or have your transcripts sent to the address listed below.

Note: All transcripts must be sealed by the issuing institution. Any opened envelopes will not be accepted by CSM. You may have transcripts mailed directly to CSM at:

College of Southern Maryland
Attn: Registrar's Office
P.O. Box 910
La Plata, MD 20646

Step 3

CSM will evaluate your transcripts and test scores for matching criteria for your program of study. Typically, evaluations take 3-4 weeks. During peak times, however, they may take longer.

Step 4

You will be notified by mail of the credits that CSM accepts. You can also view what courses were transferred in through myCSMD-Online Services under Academic Advising and then Program Evaluation.   

***If you have an appeal to the credits that were transferred in, please follow the transfer appeal procedure. ***

CSM's Transfer Equivalency System houses thousands of transfer credit equivalencies for Maryland schools and a few institutions where our students frequently transfer. It is designed to be used as an unofficial guideline to our prospective transfer students. Learn more.

Advisor meets with a student

With everything from GPA to military experience to transcripts, this list answers some of the most frequently asked questions for students transferring into CSM. Learn more.

Graduate in her cap and gown

Students who have earned 15 or more credits at CSM and have transferred to a four-year institution without an associate's degree may “reverse transfer” the earned credits from the four-year institution to complete an associate’s degree. This process makes it possible for students to earn an associate’s degree as they continue to work toward completing their bachelor’s degree. Learn more.

CSM incoming transfer students

The College of Southern Maryland provides credit for certain courses completed outside of CSM. For a list of transfer agreements for students transferring, click here.