Federal Work-Study Student Employment

Student listens to a lecture in class

At the College of Southern Maryland, student employees consist of "Federal Work-Study students" and "student assistants."

Federal Work-Study funds are a type of financial assistance for which you must apply to determine eligibility based on financial need. In order to apply for Federal Work-Study employment, follow the application procedures as found at the Applying for Financial Assistance page of this website. These funds are not credited to your account. Students receive an award amount and that amount is the maximum they are able to earn. Funds used to pay "student assistant" employees are not a type of financial assistance. 

Example: Sue receives a $700 award for the fall semester. For Sue to receive  money she must work. If she works only 9 hours for the semester, she will receive 9 hours x $7 per hour = $72.   

All hiring of students will be conducted through CSM’s College Central Network . Easy to access and simple to navigate, College Central Network has a history of facilitating successful matches between employers and students.

Contact Career Services with any questions at 301-934-7574 (select option 1).

Contact Us

Email us at FinAid@csmd.edu

Phone: 301-934-7531


Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
CMS Page Edit