Frequently Asked Questions

Browse our FAQs

If you have any questions that are not answered below, please contact the Disability Support Services office.

No. Individuals must meet the technical and academic standards of the institution and program or course of study. The institution will provide reasonable accommodations to allow equal access in accordance with the law.

Individuals with disabilities who wish to receive services can do so by contacting the Disability Support Services office. Each institution is required to have an office or an individual designated with the responsibility of providing services for students with disabilities.

For an individual to be eligible for services, the individual must have a documented disability that impacts a major life activity. In addition, the individual must meet the technical and academic standards of the institution, program, or course of study.

You will be required to provide appropriate documentation at your own expense. It is not the institution’s responsibility to identify or assess individuals with disabilities.

An IEP is a document that is developed to assist special education students, based on input from school officials and parents/guardians. It is an educational program for instruction in the public school system. Usually, the information it contains is insufficient for college.

As soon as you have been accepted and decided on a college. You can also begin this process as early as the beginning of your senior year in high school. As an entering college student, you should complete this process at least four to six weeks before the semester begins.

This depends on the type of disability; for medical conditions, a medical doctor; for psychiatric conditions, a psychiatrist, therapist, clinical psychologist, or social worker; for specific learning disabilities, a psycho-educational evaluation is appropriate from a school psychologist or a clinical neuro-psychologist.

An individual is “otherwise qualified” if with or without accommodations they are able to meet the technical and academic standards of the institution, program/course of study. For employment purposes, the individual can perform the essential function of the requested job with or without accommodations.

It depends on the type of accommodation that was provided, the documentation and the functional limitation/impact of the disabilities on a major life activity.

The college provides tutorial services to all students. The college is not responsible for providing individual tutoring for any student.

No. The college does not provide personal services.

Yes, if it is appropriate.

It depends on the course or program of study you would like to pursue. Students who intend to pursue an Associates degree or Certificate programs that require college level Math, Reading, and English must be able to function at that level.

While some institutions may have special programs and scholarships for individuals with disabilities, an institution is not required to waive tuition for individuals with disabilities. If you are receiving SSDI you need to contact the Financial Aid Office for requirements and eligibility to receive assistance with tuition. Also, be sure to check out to look for other scholarships, or look on our Resources for Students page for other scholarship search engines.

Mamava Lactation Pod

Yes, lactation areas at each of our three campuses offer working and student mothers private, clean, and calm places to pump breast milk or nurse a baby.

All lactation spaces are cleaned daily by CSM’s Facilities Management Team, and hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes allow mothers to clean before and after their personal use.

Lactation Rooms are available at:

CMS Page Edit